History of Checkley
Checkley includes the settlements of Bunkers Hill and Randilow with Wrinehill formerly included in the parish. Checkley Wood is home to the local pheasant and partridge shoot so watch out when cycling or walking through this part of the parish! Grade II listed Checkley hall is the main focal point of this hamlet. Built in 1694 by the Delves family of Doddington the hall a working farm, replaced an earlier timber framed house. The village also features a beautiful ‘chocolate box’ thatched cottage.