History of Doddington
The History of Doddington and district is dominated by Doddington Hall (www.thedoddingtonestate.co.uk) , a Grade 1 Listed country house built for Rev Sir Thomas Broughton between 1777 and 1798 to a design by Samuel Wyatt. Grant aid from English heritage has enabled a major programme of repairs to make the basic fabric of the building wind and watertight. The grounds were landscaped by Capability Brown which includes the Grade 1 Listed tower of the 14th century Doddington Castle (or Delves hall) and St.John’s Church (www.stjohnsdoddington.org.uk). It also has several meres and areas of woodland including Chapel Wood and George’s Wood.